WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance.
See "Other Information" for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE DO? IRS Contact Representatives work primarily with taxpayers and their representatives through telephone or face-to-face contact. You would provide authoritative tax law assistance and take action where needed to resolve their tax issues, often involving delinquent situations. Actions needed might include analyzing the taxpayer's ability to pay, initiating liens, and negotiating installment payment agreements.
As a Contact Representative you will:
- Provide technical assistance to individuals and/or businesses primarily through telephone interaction in a dynamic call center environment, and/or face-to-face contact;
- Address wide range of issues/problems that require unique solutions;
- Apply the tax code to assist taxpayers in understanding and meeting their tax responsibilities;
- Secure, analyze and protect sensitive personal and financial information;
- Make determinations and use sound judgment to resolve taxpayer disputes and delinquency issues; And
- Develop, analyze and evaluate information involving the research of computerized records by accessing multiple online/database systems.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569601100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.