This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for the Research, Development, and Test and Evaluation activities across a variety of functional subsystems which include prime power sources, pulsed power systems, radio frequency sources, and high-power antennas.
- You will investigate RF propagation, target interaction to optimize performance and lethality effects.
- You will be part of a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians that interface across projects to ensure success in the area of High Powered Microwaves (HPM), Radio Frequency (RF), and Pulsed Power (PP) system development.
- You will support hardware integration of associated components onto platforms (participate in assembly and installation of hardware both at NSWCDD and at various remote test sites).
- You will ensure development of requirements for, and design and execute tests on subcomponents and subsystems of HPM and PP technologies.
- You will ensure the success of electrical design, construction, test, and analysis of HPM and PP components, test fixtures, and systems for NSWCDD.
- You will provide subject matter technical support and advice to on-going and future projects.
- You will interface with technical personnel and customers to clarify tasking, identify problems, suggest changes, and develop and document final solutions.
- You will lead advanced technology development efforts in the areas of Electromagnetics (EM) and Directed Energy (DE).
- You will perform analysis and problem solving techniques necessary to execute professional scientific/engineering work.
- You will support PP and HPM system design, development, test, and analysis including electromagnetic (EM) and radio frequency data acquisition, test design, optimization, fault analysis, and effects studies.
- You will design the PP and HPM technologies to include components and system development of RF generators, modulators, power sources, antennas, and thermal management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569520300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.