This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform a variety of accounting support duties such as operating the secure payment system, reviewing reports and inputting data into the automated financial management system.
Typical assignments include:
- Receiving, reviewing and processing a wide variety of accounting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Verifying funds availability, processing and posting transactions, and making payments to travelers, vendors, grantees and/or other Federal agencies.
- Reviewing accounts to ensure transactions are supported by documentation and processed according to established procedures.
- Preparing routine requests for information and responding to inquiries from vendors, program offices, regional offices, state and other Federal agencies.
- Conducting research and using standard evaluation techniques
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569166400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.