This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This positions is with the Business Architecture Section within the Program Delivery Branch of Public Assistance. In this position, you will be able to coordinate with colleagues both from the section and from other sections to support operations related the development of business requirements for FEMA’s grants management software system. Typical assignments include:
- Developing and producing informational videos, visualizations and other marketing materials or media for training purposes;
- General administrative support; organizing meetings, developing agendas, conducting follow-up, managing team calendar;
- Organizing webinars and demonstrations, and other communications with stakeholders;
- Organizing and updating monthly development and operations schedules;
- Supporting team activities related to the collection of stakeholder input [via workshops, user testing and other means] to inform continuous development of a technology system; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569015100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.