The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent customer service and briefing skills as well as be well-rounded in multiple security disciplines. This position starts at a salary of $86,335 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of the Chief Security Officer team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In the position of Intelligence Research Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting research and analysis of threats to the homeland, operations, and trends to support all source intelligence and production, particularly in the areas of threats to Homeland and National Security. Typical duties include:
- Analyzing potential threats and vulnerabilities, determines the level of risk, and develops and recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in support of Homeland Security operations.
- Interpreting specialized datasets or other intelligence regarding a target’s technological capabilities and produces intelligence assessments that explain their impact on FEMA OCSO operations.
- Applying foundational knowledge of Foreign Intelligence Entity (FIE) capabilities and the ability to leverage Intelligence Community (IC) resources to determine the level of risk and develops and recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures in support of Homeland Security operations.
- Maintaining collaborative information and knowledge sharing networks and builds a network with colleagues and counterparts within their area of responsibility. Incumbent initiates and implements change when necessary in partnership with other organizations and autonomously balances the need to share sensitive or classified information against the need to protect information.
- Engaging with DHS HQ and operational components, as well as with IC partners and their Counterintelligence elements to develop partnerships for execution or implementation for Counterintelligence policies and initiatives.
25% or less - This position may require non-emergency travel (25%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569003400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.