The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Oakland & Rancho Cordova, CA, Window Rock & Phoenix, AZ, Carson City, NV, Honolulu, HI, Saipan, CNMI, Pago Pago, AS & Barrigada, GU areas as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in recovery and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Emergency Management Operational Planning.
In this position, you will lead task forces to meet specific disaster goals and strategies. Typical assignments include:
- Assisting in the development of the Incident Action Plan.
- Supporting Public Assistance and/or Hazard Mitigation staff to ensure Grant Program tasks are executed.
- Coordinating the sharing of information between local, State, Federal, and Tribal stakeholders.
- Monitoring disaster events and execution of tasks and delivering report of results/findings to leadership.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568790300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.