This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for STEM Positions Expires 11 Oct 2023 to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: As a Interdisciplinary position for the US Army Corps of Engineers South Atlantic Regional Directorate, located in Atlanta, GA.
- Provides coordination and oversight of regional dredging related endangered species requirements in regional biological opinions and other environmental regulations for ongoing navigation projects.
- Assists in the coordination with both Federal and State environmental agencies to improve operational efficiencies associated with Navigation.
- Provides internal coordination of regional environmental initiatives to better communicate throughout the region.
- Responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive and consistent regional environmental compliance program to assure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and executive orders.
- Participates and coordinates in defining programmatic goals, planning for implementation, technical oversight, review and procedural development of special programs and initiatives associated with environmental compliance.
- Reviews documents such as operational management plans, master plans, environmental impact statements, environmental assessments and design memorandum for environmental considerations.
- Monitors the development and implementation of plans such as; hazardous waste management plans, spill prevention control and countermeasure plans, hazardous materials minimization plans, environmental management systems.
- Participates and coordinates in defining program goals, planning for implementation, technical oversight, review and procedural development of special programs and initiatives associated with energy and sustainability.
- Acts as a consultant on energy and sustainability for organizational elements with control over missions or facilities relevant to energy and sustainability at Civil Works projects.
- Monitors the development and implementation of plans such as; emergency response plans, and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System guidance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568790200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.