The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Rancho Cordova, CA ,Window Rock, and Phoenix, AZ, Carson City, NV, Honolulu, HI, Saipan, CNMI, and Pago Pago, AS as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in emergency management operational planning.
In this position, you will be responsible for the collection, processing, and organizing of all incident information.
Typical assignments include:
- Interfacing with state, tribal, territory, private sector, non-governmental officials and FEMA leadership to develop incident and planning objectives.
- Analyzing resource requirements and capabilities; including personnel resources, supplies, equipment, and services to ensure organizational structure is Incident Command System (ICS) adequate and compliant.
- Making organizational adjustments based upon complexity of the incident.
- Monitoring the performance of subordinates and taking corrective action by coaching and coordinating training opportunities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568785000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.