DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled through the office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Government-Wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens. Since the Direct-Hire Recruitment Authority is being used, traditional Veterans' Preference rules do not apply. Qualified Veterans will, however, be given full consideration for this position.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of the Interior (DOI) Business Integration Office (BIO). The BIO is principally responsible for project and production operations management for the Department's Financial and Business Management System (FBMS) and those other systems and integration points as designated by the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Budget, Finance, Performance and Acquisition. FBMS is DOI's financial, acquisition, property management and accounting system. The system uses SAP's ECC integrated software, combined with several additional applications including Unison (formerly Compusearch) PRISM. The FBMS is the sole fiscal accounting system for the Department's $20 billion-dollar annual budget and is the central enterprise management system in support of all the Department's mission programs.
The focus of the Information Assurance Specialist is to deliver quality information assurance services to the FBMS customers and stakeholders and to ensure the on-going compliance of FBMS from an information assurance perspective. This position will perform duties that involve a wide range of information assurance activities, including tasks related to security compliance, audit and internal controls.
The major duties of this position at the full performance level (GS-13) include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate external and internal control reviews and audits of the DOI Financial and Business Management System (FBMS) related to information assurance. Serve as a liaison between audit teams and business process staff. Manage audit activities such as control walkthroughs, documentation requests, and status reporting. Establish and manage corrective action plans to address audit findings.
- Develop and implement procedures and processes to document, test, and maintain the FBMS control environment.
- Ensure FBMS complies with governmental Control and Security standards; such as NIST 800-53, FISCAM, A-123, DOI IT Security Handbook, and all other relevant policy and standards through application security monitoring, managing Change Requests for changes to risks and mitigating controls, and maintaining security technical documentation.
- Perform Separation of Duties management tasks including identifying and defining new risks, establishing rules that enforce separation of duty, and designing and implementing mitigating controls. Provide end user support to the Bureau Internal Control Coordinators (ICCs) who manage system activities related to Separation of Duty and Mitigating Controls.
- Contribute to the evolution of the FBMS Governance, Risk and Compliance program by implementing technology, procedures and process that support automated risk and control monitoring, testing and analytics.
Salary Range Information:
Reston, VA: $72,030 - $93,638
Lakewood, CO: $70,181 - $91,234
Reston, VA: $86,335 - $112,240
Lakewood, CO: $84,118 - $109,358
Reston, VA: $102,663 - $133,465
Lakewood, CO: $100,027 - $130,039
* First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
The Business Integration Office has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568765800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.