The ideal candidate will have experience providing support and coordination related to all security management activities at a facility as an on-site security specialist. This position starts at a salary of $86,335 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Chief Security, Support Operations Division, Physical Security team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is responsible for providing support and coordination related to all security management activities, at the assigned National Processing Service Center (NPSC), as the on-site Security Specialist. Typical duties include:
- Serving as the Point of Contact for the Office of Chief Security Officer (OCSO) and provides headquarters with support and advise related to all OCSO security management activities for the Physical Security Branch.
- Protecting borders, ports, critical infrastructure or key resources (protecting the U.S., its citizens and residents, borders, ports, critical infrastructure, and key resources (CIKR)).
- Protecting or controlling access to facilities or information systems (Duties will exceed the basic Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card vetting, processing, and issuance) including protection of personal, private, controlled unclassified, or proprietary information-with the potential to damage the public's trust.
- Coordinating with agency officials, customers, internal personnel, and external stakeholders to assure adequate security program execution.
- Preparing and reviewing plans and specifications to ensure adequate security program execution.
- Interpreting existing security directives and resolving difficult and complex security problems by providing on-the-spot solutions and follow-up written communications for overlapping and conflicting requirements within a single facility or for geographic region; agreements with other organizations, agencies or with foreign governments for security resources and responsibility sharing, and other measures.
50% or less - This position may require non-emergency travel (35%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568757100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.