This position is located on the Green Mountain & Finger Lakes National Forest.Learn more about this agency
This position assists with managing, planning and overseeing the operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of a fleet of motor vehicles ranging from sedans to heavy trucks, along with a variety of special-purpose vehicles, trailers, equipment, and off-road vehicles.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact at Brian Austin at: 802-747-6757 or email@example.com
- Duties are listed at the Full Performance Level; at the GS-9 level the incumbent serves as an Assistant Fleet Manager.
- Provide advice to managers and supervisors on procedures and policies related to fleet management.
- Complete routine analysis (such as utilization of fleet and equipment and analysis on problems with equipment) and recommend solutions.
- Make recommendations to managers on vehicles and equipment replacement needs based upon maintenance costs, age, use, condition and the needs of the project.
- Assist with transportation and fleet studies to make recommendations for improvement by looking at records of use, replacement program, holdovers, costs, etc. in order to meet the unit's transportation equipment needs.
- Assist in administering plans to reduce fuel consumption, mileage and numbers of vehicles and equipment.
- Make small purchases utilizing proper purchasing procedures for fleet maintenance and operation.
- Assist the Fleet Manager in collecting data for reports and upward reporting.
- Create reports or summaries of fleet utilization studies.
Occasional travel - Travel for site visits, meetings or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568710800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.