The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced providing administrative support, demonstrating strong customer service skills (in written format and verbally), and be proficient in managing multiple tasks concurrently. This position starts at a salary of $43,338 (GS-06), with promotion potential to $48,159 (GS-07 grade level).Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve under the supervision of the Mission Support Division Director, performing a full range of assignments and functions. Typical assignments include:
- Planning and coordinating office activities using administrative and technical procedures and policies; and advising other staff on such matters.
- Communicating with others, orally or in writing, to facilitate the functions of the administrative services.
- Composing and reviewing the format, grammar, spelling, and punctuation of memorandum, forms, reports, and other documents.
- Operating personal computers using various programs and applications; such as, word processing, database programs, spread sheet applications, and other utility.
- Managing a senior executives calendar using knowledge of the duties, priorities, commitments, and policies management; screening calls and visitors.
- Providing travel and timekeeping support using policies, procedures, and regulations.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
25% or less - Travel up to 5% will be required for this position.
07 - Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568677900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.