This Direct Hire recruitment is to fill positions based on a critical hiring need resulting from the outbreak and spread of the "Coronavirus Disease 2019" (COVID-19), which has caused a public health emergency. As such, all applicants who meet the OPM Emergency Management Series requirements and the minimum specialized experience qualifications stated in this announcement will be referred to hiring managers for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
As an Emergency Management Specialist, you will:
- Perform work in order to prevent, protect from, prepare for, respond to, recover from and/or mitigate natural or man-made emergencies. Maintains 24/7 individual readiness to perform in an emergency response environment that may require on-call duty, and/or extended shift work (e.g. all-hazards public health watch support, incident emergency alert, notification and escalation and incident management support).
- Comply with and follows public health emergency management related directives, regulations, policies, laws, standards and guidance (e.g., National Security Strategy, Presidential Policy Directives, Homeland Security Presidential Directives, National Frameworks, National Incident Management System).
- Support with collecting public health emergency management data and information from domestic and/or international sources.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans and strategic, operational, and tactical procedures, protocols, and templates to execute public health emergency management functions in an orderly manner.
- Apply appropriate knowledge management and decision support tools, models, and procedures to gain current and accurate situational awareness.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans, procedures, protocols, and templates for the maintenance of situational awareness of current and emerging public health events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
None - There is no promotion potential for these positions, any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568671600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.