About the Position: The incumbent serves as the Supervisory Fish Biologist for Corps staff located at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Warm Springs Dam / Lake Sonoma Congressman Don Clausen Fish Hatchery (DCFH), Geyserville, CA. The DCFH is the largest Coho recovery hatchery in the state of California.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the full range of administrative supervision such as personnel selections, performance evaluations, discipline, and recommending awards for employees including biological science technicians and fishery pathways interns.
- Develops training plans to ensure personnel are adequately trained to perform assigned tasks and to ensure personnel are provided the opportunity to develop their skills to optimum levels.
- Responsible for the physiological condition of fish while in the brood stock facility, while in transportation trucks, and while delivering fish to various watersheds.
- Responsible for the development, scheduling, direction and evaluation of the juvenile fish rearing and transportation program at the operating project (the stock), including monitoring water flow rates, temperature, turbidity, oxygen saturation etc.
- Works directly with the NOAA Genetics Lab on the annual spawning strategy, the implementation of the DNA breeding matrix, and any potential outbreeding efforts with adjacent watersheds.
- Responsible for status, use, and maintenance needs of equipment in the brood stock program through the use of the Facility Equipment Management (FEM) program
- Coordinates numerous aspects of the Coho brood stock program with local, state, and federal agencies
- Coordinates general hatchery operations and maintenance activities with both USACE management and on-site contractor (CDFW) to ensure proper function and usage of all hatchery systems and equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568666000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.