What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $76,721 (Step 01) to $99,741 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: DEN-2020-XXXX
As an Ecologist within the Idaho Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
Desirable candidates will possess the following: In addition to the basic qualifications, the incumbent will have demonstrated abilities and experience developing quantitative models describing wildlife or fish population dynamics; demonstrated expertise in applying and developing innovative and emerging quantitative tools, such as modeling species interactions, integrated and hierarchical population models, and Bayesian methods; and demonstrated experience working collaboratively across disciplines and(or) large geographic scales to address complex scientific information needs of natural resource managers.
- Planning, conducting, and directing research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducting research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serving as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminating research results via final reports, peer-reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets.
- Serving as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operating a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - Overnight travel of an average of up to 5 nights per month may be required.
15 - The full performance level for a Research position is GS-15; however, promotion eligibility is dependent upon the scientific contributions of the incumbent as evaluated by a peer panel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568645900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.