The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library is pleased to announce an exciting employment opportunity for an exceptional candidate to serve as an informationist and lead the Library's data services program. If you have experience providing information and data services in a biomedical library setting and want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIH Library team. For more information, visit https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/data.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as lead and/or subject matter expert for the Library's data services program.
- Assesses NIH researchers' training needs in the areas of data management, data visualization, data analysis, and R and Python programming.
- Develops and delivers graduate-level training to meet identified needs.
- Provides one-on-one advice and consultations in the areas of data science.
- Assists NIH researchers in using the NIH Library's data sciences workstation which offers a suite of tools for data analysis, processing, and visualization for a variety of different types of data.
- Consults and collaborates with NIH staff to aid them in locating, accessing, identifying, and managing information.
- Performs outreach across NIH and HHS to understand users information needs and markets library services and resources that meet those needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568632900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.