The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, Landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native American, Alaska Natives and affiliated Islanders.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located within the Department of the Interior, Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA), located in Sacramento, CA and Albuquerque, NM. The incumbent will perform clerical and legal administrative support functions for the office.
At the full performance level (GS-07) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive and transfer phone calls, make copies, scan documents, organize electronic files, prepare and send faxes and emails; prepare time and attendance records.
- Review outgoing correspondence and other documents for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel vouchers and authorizations.
- Arrange facilities for conferences and hearings and prepare presentation material or background documentation.
- Operate recording equipment and assist the Judge at hearings.
- Review probate case material to ensure it is current and complete; maintain the records from initial filing to completion and search various systems of record when additional information is required.
- Answer basic and routine questions and inquiries from interested parties as well as brief witnesses or heirs regarding adjudicatory procedures and policies.
Sacramento, CA: GS-05: $38,054-$49,473; GS-06: $42,419-$55,145 per annum.
Albuquerque, NM: GS-05: $35,136-$45,679; GS-06: $39,166-$50,917 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-6080-20-NN-094(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel of 0-5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568611300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.