This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Technical Services Branch (TECH), Obsolescence and DMS Mitigation Section (OBS) in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Supervisory Supply Systems Analyst (CYBER) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of cybersecurity systems and components.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Compile and process required systems hardware and software data for C5ISC systems configuration management, maintenance development and system logistics support.
- Provide technical expertise by coordinating repair requirements with other Government Agencies (OGA) and commercial vendors, screening and identifying defective parts, initiating Supply Item Change Requests (SICR), coordinating Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDR) with Engineering, providing technical assistance on writing Statements of Work (SOW) and determining level of repair of C5I equipment.
- Facilitate Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) meetings and liaison with specialists to make system sparing/stock level decisions.
- Assemble required (provisioning technical data) and documentation for use by the Item Managers and Maintenance Analysts supporting the C5ISC Product Lines and complete Repair Code Determination (RCD) for new supply requirements derived from maintenance development.
- Conduct provisioning analysis and compilation of the parts and material used for system maintenance support and compile provisioning technical data for inclusion into the Logistics Information Management System - Surface Technical Information Portal (CG-LIMS-STIP) upon completion.
- Perform Market Research for new electronics component end-items, part procurements, for form-fit-function Configuration Item (CI) replacements or for completing Item Enrollment Proposals (IEPs) to stock end-item components on the warehouse shelves at CG warehouses.
- Create/Maintain Allowance Parts Lists (APLs) – Liaison with CG Logistics Centers to develop new APLs, modify existing APLs, or add new engineering and characteristics data or piece parts to APLs using the Naval Electronic Supply Support System (NESSS) application and ALMIS.
- Develop and Request new Configuration Item Functional Descriptions (CIFD’s), make new configuration entries or modify existing Higher Level Assembly (HLA) configuration entries in Fleet Logistics System (FLS) application database, run various configuration reports, print and disseminate reports to PL personnel as appropriate, and upload supporting documentation into FLS to comply with CFO or internal CG Audit requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes data and items for: interchangeability or substitution; tolerance factor of special equipment components; item reduction and standardization; registration coding; inventory consolidation; long lead time items, support items, calculations range and depth; and proprietary issues, right to data issues; and multiple sources of supply.
- Complete Supply Support Requests (SSR’s) as required to get the CG added as authorized users of a Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) or OGA managed part.
- Monitor and respond to EAL equipment casualty entries to arrange for logistics support (tech assist) or parts delivery.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568607700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.