The Fruit and Vegetable Market News office in Oviedo, Florida, is responsible for collecting, analyzing,preparing, and releasing market news data for vegetables, strawberries, watermelons, and sub-tropical fruits shipped in car lot or truck lot quantities from Florida. In this position, you will serve as Officer-in-Charge who is responsible for all activities assigned to the office.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to: Reports various rates charged by truckers to transport fresh fruits and vegetables from individual production areas to selected destination markets
- Keeps abreast of general economic information and material and new developments in trends in the marketing or transportation of fruits and vegetables
- Studies daily and seasonal operation as well as market reports from competitive production areas and especially reports from destination markets in order for analysis and evaluation of data
- Contacts regional and local trade associations, wholesalers, etc. regarding collection and utilization of marketing data pertinent to the analysis of market conditions on a regular basis
- Describes the operations for the benefit of foreign officials and other groups
- Responsible for recommending retaining or separating such employees and planning work within the unit including setting priorities and scheduling workg work
- Participates in meetings with industry as an expert consultant in assessing the impact for each of a number of commodities concerning the volume of marketing, harvesting plans, etc
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568589300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.