You will serve as a PROGRAM ANALYST in the Cybersecurity Technologies and Standards Division (SEA 05Q2) of the Afloat Cybersecurity Engineering Group of NAVSEA's Engineering Directorate (SEA 05) of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for coordinating and conveying cybersecurity policy and guidance.
- You will oversee implementation on surface ship and submarine warfare systems, combat system, combat system elements, or machinery control system, ship steering, machinery embedded and ship control functional areas.
- You will coordinate the execution of engineering and design efforts across organization to provide integrated security system and physical control solutions.
- You will ensure critical data and systems are protected by establishing and using the DoD integrated enterprise-wide decision structure for cybersecurity risk management (Risk Management Framework (RMF)) pursuant to DoDD 8115.01.
- You will provide guidance for developing requirements and concepts of operation for cybersecurity and program protection on Naval Warfare Systems, Combat Systems, Combat System elements, Shipboard Machinery Control Systems and Networks.
- You will provide NAVSEA policy guidance for implementing Navy Cybersecurity initiatives such as RMF and CYBERSAFE.
- You will provide support and analysis for integrated security systems and solutions to manage related risks.
- You will Interpret cybersecurity policy, guidance to develop methods for integration into design processes by translating cyber and physical security requirements into technical designs and program plans.
- You will liaise with other Navy, DoD, and Federal information technology, information assurance (IA), cybersecurity authorities, and industry as appropriate, to ensure commonality, consistency, and applicability of relevant policies and processes.
- You will represent SEA 05 and/or NAVSEA regarding significant engineering issues, at conferences with other Navy commands, and speak for the systems command (SYSCOM) commander on decisions affecting broad aspects of Navy-wide programs/projects.
- You will be responsible for interacting with stakeholders to provide guidance on projects from inception through completion.
- You will ensure that initiatives are in compliance with DoD, SECNAV, OPNAV, and NAVSEA policies/guidelines.
- You will establish and maintain effective relationships with PEOs, OPNAV, NAVAIR, PEO C4I, NAVFAC, NAVIFOR, SPAWAR, FCC, Fleets, TYCOMS, and other agencies in order to advocate for smart programmatic solutions that minimize costs.
- You will solicit feedback, share knowledge, and build consensus amongst NAVSEA, SEA 05, PEOs, PMs, SDMs, TWH, DWOs, etc. to accept and implement cybersecurity capabilities and recommendations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568545400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.