About the Position: Serves as a valuable team asset with the N2W Project Area Office site located in Saint Louis, Missouri. The N2W Program involves large and complex Military Construction projects estimated at nearly $1 Billion in total construction cost. The N2W Office organizationally falls under the Kansas City District, Corps of Engineers. The Kansas City District is a world premier public engineering organization, capable of providing a full spectrum of engineering services.Learn more about this agency
- Performs office engineering duties including review of shop drawings, preparing response to RFIs, evaluation of progress schedules, and preparation of payment estimates. Arrange meetings with contractor and participates in negotiations.
- Prepares modification documents which involves design changes, differing site conditions, variations in quantity estimates, changes in specifications and drawings, etc. resulting from deficiencies encountered during the construction phase.
- Estimates for mods are prepared in order to determine the costs of materials, labor, plant, and time. Estimates to include costs claimed for such as acceleration, inefficiency, increased overhead, effect of overruns, adverse weather, etc.
- Takes part in design review conferences, reviews preliminary plans and specifications prior to advertisement for practicability, anticipated physical obstructions and other construction difficulties and availability of selected materials.
- Reviews correspondence and reports on construction status and progress, tests, administration, and contractor's estimates, and makes decisions and/or recommendations relative to most practical methods of accomplishing desired results.
- Confers with team members on problems of control, inspection, administration, and safety and makes decisions for dealing with the particular problems.
- Provides oversight and inspection of construction operations to ensure proper quality and quantity of material and equipment, workmanship, adequacy of contractor's method are carried out in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Safety: Responsible for the strict enforcement of safe practices and safety regulations. Trains subordinates, corrects hazardous conditions, suggests improvements, etc.
- Professional knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the full range of engineering and construction duties associated with the planning, design, and construction of projects.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568519900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.