This position is a Senior Level position in the federal government. Senior Level employees are in non-executive positions whose duties are broad and complex enough to be classified above GS 15 level. Senior level positions involve highly specialized and complex work.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Command Information Officer (CIO) of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) in support of achieving the mission, goals and objectives of the Department of Navy and NAVFAC.
- You will provide technical direction, oversight and management to implement Enterprise-wide Information Technology (IT) and shore infrastructure cyber security planning, competency development, budget, architecture and authority.
- You will guide and lead the application of information technology and, in concert with senior executives and managers of business processes, integrate the information technology strategy and capabilities with the Enterprise's business strategy.
- You will direct two subordinates who direct approximately 300 civilian personnel. Mission encompasses all phases of Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), Information Resource Management (IRM) and Facility Related Control System (FRCS).
- You will be the Functional Security Control Assessor (FSCA) and act as RMF Security Control Assessor (SCA) for designated facility-related control systems (FRCS) and other platform IT cybersecurity control assessment in support of RMF authorization.
- You will balance technological and operational needs with financial realities; integrate IT management process with budget, financial and program management decisions; develop IT business priorities; allocate IRM resources among competing projects.
- You will provide authoritative top-level managerial and technical advice and consultation to other NAVFAC executives on all matters involving programs, technology, events, etc. in the assigned areas of IT and cyber security.
- You will review organizational effectiveness and revise or recommend reorganizations of existing structure to optimize overall mission execution. You will formulate and communicate organizational and administrative policies governing IT operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568499900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.