Second level supervisor to a geographically dispersed workforce, providing planning, directing and organizing employees assigned to the Department of VA, OIT, IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO)). Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.?
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Cybersecurity Manager (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC)/ PD18151A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Defines and manages information technology (IT) and/or cybersecurity related programs and/or projects, or other area of responsibility, to include cybersecurity strategic direction for program initiatives and activities, personnel, infrastructure, policy enforcement, emergency planning, IT and/or cybersecurity awareness, and/or other resources.
- Provides oversight to ensure program/project work is adhering to the larger strategic view developed by senior management at VA and serves as the Point of Contact for elevating unexpected issues that may arise to senior leadership.
- Develops policy or advocates for changes in policy that support new initiatives or required changes/enhancements that coincide with larger agency mission and/or business goals and objectives.
- Defines, plans, and applies architectural elements in the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise security architecture that is aligned with IT strategy and agency mission, goals, structure, and processes.
- Supervises a geographically dispersed workforce consisting of direct reports, in the GS 2210 series in grades GS 9-14 in a highly dynamic and constantly changing, technically diverse, work environment requiring unique information security implementation processes; develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards; explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568488500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.