At Federal Student Aid (FSA), we are proud sponsors of the American mind. As a principal office of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), FSA provides students and families financial assistance for higher education, and we promote the value of postsecondary education to society. We ensure that all eligible students and families can benefit from federal financial aid for education or training beyond high school.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid (FSA), Finance Office (FO). The Finance Office serves as the financial advisor to the Chief Operating Officer and will, in partnership with the Department of Education's Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), develop and implement sound, value-added financial management policies, procedures, systems and program controls which will enable the organization to strengthen internal controls and provide Congress and other constituents both summary and detailed accounting on FSA grant, loan and operational activities.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Provide expert accounting advice in planning , execution, and reporting the annual assessment of internal controls
- Provide technical expertise to work with business owners to address deficiencies, determine work-arounds and mitigate controls
- Validate accounting, financial management, reporting, internal control, risk management, audit, compliance, to support the assessment including business process re-engineering and/or system implementation
- Support improper payment (IP) estimation and reporting including the implementation and operation of a statistical on methodology
- Work independently to research complex accounting issues and develop implementable solutions that minimizes the impact on organizations
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568468800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.