The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, Landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native American, Alaska Natives and affiliated Islanders.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary, Office of Civil Rights and Diversity (OCR), in Washington, DC. The purpose of the position is to serve as the Executive Secretary for the Director and Chief Diversity Officer, performing a wide variety of administrative, logistical, personnel management, document control, protocol, automation, budget, and integration activities in support of the OCR Executive Office.
NOTE: This position can be filled at either the GS-13 or GS-14 grade level.
At the full performance level (GS-14) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. As the Executive Secretary of the Director and Chief Diversity Officer, serves as key advisor and reports to the Director and Deputy Director regarding administration and coordination of business operations.
2. Serves as the principal administrative assistant, assisting in the management and coordination of staff activities.
3. Formulates policies, plans and program objectives that support mission accomplishment.
4. Establishes and maintains a continual dialogue and positive functional interface, liaison, and coordination with staff, Bureau leaders, and representatives of the Department of the Interior, and other government agencies, to exchange information, resolve problems, obtain resources, and coordinate program activities.
5. Serves as the technical authority on Office of Civil Rights budget formulation and execution.
6. Develops plans for budget execution, budget estimates and justifications for the budgets of each office within OCR, exercises fund controls; analyzes/reconciles cost and obligation ledgers against actual expenditures; and recommends appropriate action.
Salary Range Information: GS-13: $102,663 - 133,465 per annum; GS-14: $121,316 - 157,709 per annum
First time hires to the federal government typically start at the beginning salary in the range for their respective grade level.
The Office of the Secretary has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-6040-20-NN-101(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568440900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.