About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC), Transnational Directorate, Weapons of Mass Destruction Division, Charlottesville, VA 22911.Learn more about this agency
- Applies established research and data analysis methodologies, including use of computer models, automated systems, foreign materiel exploitation plans, and surrogate testing.
- Uses established techniques to address specific intelligence analysis problems.
- Applies established data collection and analysis and verification approaches to deal with assigned technical problems; applies established approaches for testing the validity of hypotheses on technical issues.
- Prepares preliminary research plan, including search of all source data, and adaptation of conventional engineering, scientific, or technical measurement and evaluation processes.
- Consults with analysts within the Center and at other intelligence community and customer activities to exchange and verify technical data and prepares input for various types of intelligence reports on technical assessments.
- Integrates results from analytical methods employed to produce preliminary assessment for review by supervisor or project leader.
- Participates in Army and intelligence community working groups and committees, discussing analytical issues and contributing to the development of improved analytical methods and assessments.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position, up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568410700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.