About the Position: Serves as a Senior Hydrologic Specialist for the Sacramento District Engineering Division, Hydrology and Hydraulics Branch, Hydrology Section.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the overall development of assigned hydrologic analysis projects.
- Prepare requests to other organizational elements, federal, state and local agencies, and private interests for updated or additional hydrologic information required in work assignments.
- Perform hydro meteorological investigations as they pertain to the effects on precipitation, runoff, stream flow, downstream conditions, water use requirements, channel capacities, other types of improvements and flood control.
- Implement and use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for studies requiring surface water hydrologic modeling.
- Perform project management functions for hydrologic work performed by others under Architecture and Engineering contract.
- Apply hydrologic and meteorologic expertise to complex hydrologic problems.
- Serve as a product development team member on assigned projects, and is responsible for the hydro-meteorological tasks of the team effort.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568403000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.