Serves as an Associate Branch Head in the Engineering and Technology Directorate (ETD), Instrument Systems and Technology Division (ISTD), Detector Systems Branch (Code 553) at the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). Responsible for planning, implementing, directing and coordinating a comprehensive program for all activities of the branch, specifically relating to the Detector Development Laboratories, the Detector Characterization Laboratories, the Detector Packaging Laboratories, and others.Learn more about this agency
- Do you have a strong desire to lead, inspire and develop people? Do you want your career to leave an enduring impact on others? Do you have a passion for exploration? If you answered yes, we want you! At NASA, the key to our success is our people.
- We recognize the vital role that supervisors play to empower our diverse workforce to achieve goals. At NASA, supervisors must have a unique combination of technical competence, individual energy, and the ability to connect with and motivate others.
- In return, we offer a range of missions and people to support, where you'll have the opportunity to contribute to work that matters while helping us create and sustain an environment that fosters connection, engagement, teamwork and innovation.
- Supervises the work of the organization. Provides administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the Branch.
- Develop plans and direct the branch's funding, manpower, organizational structure, and strategic planning activities in relation to the branch's facilities and capabilities.
- Manage and coordinate the branch's facility functions, conducting detailed facility planning and scheduling to optimize the flow of products through branch facilities.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to ensure the maintenance and improvement of the branch's laboratories and equipment.
- Oversee both technical and administrative functions of the branch and conducts periodic reviews of the core capabilities of the organization.
- Serve as a senior technical contact and/or Contracting Officer's Representative.
- Resolve unusual demands caused by extraordinary urgency in safety, quality, programmatic, documentation, or economic restraints in areas such as in detector and microdevice development/characterization, flight systems, and instrumentation systems.
- Provide authoritative information and advice on test and evaluation operations for aerospace projects.
- Innovate techniques and methods for testing electronic systems or equipment for use in microdevice and detector systems projects or programs.
- Evaluates various types of microdevices, sensors, and detectors for various research and flight programs across the entire TRL range Develop science and engineering requirements and direct the design, fabrication, characterization, test etc.
- As a supervisor, you will provide equal opportunity in all Federal human capital and employment programs.
- You will be expected to make decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, affiliation or non-affiliation with a labor organization, political affiliation, or status as a parent.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568396700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.