THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Plans and Operations Specialist, Position Description Number D1246000Learn more about this agency
and is part of the WY Joint Operations Center, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to serve as a Plans and Operations Specialist, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate preparations for state active duty and the operational employment of ARNG personnel and military resources.
(1) Serves as the State NG focal point for Crisis Action Planning and the Officer in Charge of the Joint Operations Center (JOC) that remains operational 24 hours/7 days a week.
(2) Responsible to establish and validate procedures, practices and tasks that provide command staffs located in the JOC, designated geographically separated Quick Reaction Force Platforms and the ANG Survival Recovery Center effective situational awareness and continuous command and control over tasked organizations and members.
(3) Responsible for command and control crisis action training and certification program.
(4) Participates as an Operations Officer in the Joint Operations Center (JOC).
(5) Responsible for the administrative over-site of the command and control network to include defining required system capabilities, e.g. communications and collaborating with J6 administrators to identify specific equipment to meet mission needs; budgeting for and the purchase of crisis action infrastructure; and identifying and securing resourcing for full-time staffing for effective 24/7 continuous operations, as well as system readiness needs.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568389500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.