Four positions are being filled through this announcement. There is one position in each of the following locations: Granby, Colorado, Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Chadron, Nebraska and Custer, South Dakota.Learn more about this agency
Serve as a civil engineer on a Forest Service unit performing a variety of duties requiring professional civil engineering expertise.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Greg Rosenmerkel at 970-945-3205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare and/or review environmental analysis, impact statements, and special reports with regard to new or improved engineering construction.
- Evaluate design objectives to identify economic and/or efficient procedures.
- Use aerial photograph, topographic, and/or geological maps to ascertain road and/or trail management alternatives.
- Reviews plans and/or specifications to determine practicability and recommends modifications to improve utility, quality and appearance.
- Determine cost, practices, methods, techniques, material, and/or equipment for effectiveness in reaching the organization?s objectives.
- Apply standard engineering practices to new situations, relating new work situations to precedent ones and/or modifying standard guidelines.
- Develop data on which to base recommendations on projects which effects the accomplishment of engineering projects in the unit.
- Coordinate with other engineers to ensure technical areas are covered.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings to resolve problems that may be of unusual difficulty and/or complex.
- Confer with contractor?s representatives about improvement or adoption of construction practices and procedures.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for meetings, training or site visits may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568370100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.