About the Position: U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, GALVESTON DISTRICT, ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION DIVISION,Learn more about this agency
LOCATION: LAKE JACKSON, TX
RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE MAY BE OFFERED TO SELECTEE
- Responsible for performing the construction contract administration of the Sabine to Galveston Freeport project and the Wharton Levee project.
- These vital projects provide value to the Nation and the local communities through a variety of civil works projects that reduce the potential for loss of life and property damage from hurricanes and severe storms.
- Freeport project: Approximately $470 million in construction contracts for hurricane and coastal storm risk management; one of three (3) major components of the multi-billion dollar Sabine to Galveston Project.
- Construction contracts for floodwall replacements, levee raising and extensions, replacement of I-walls with T-walls, sector gates, and pump station additions.
- Construction planned for FY20-FY26. Will be involved in design/BCOES reviews and construction contract administration.
- Wharton Levee Project: Approximately $73 million design and construction for the flood risk reduction project that consists of levees, floodwalls, sumps with gravity discharge flap gates, and channel improvements.
- Monitor funds available on contracts and contract line items and advise project personnel on same.
- Maintain familiarity with contract requirements and District policies related to contractor payroll and insurance requirements and provide guidance and assistance to others in the administration and oversight of these contract requirements
- As a Civil Engineer you will be responsible for the performance of office engineering assignments in connection with activities under the Resident Office.
- The construction program will encompass a variety of vertical construction work and civil work projects,
- This will include but not limited to asphalt and concrete paving, administrative buildings, dredging, levees, new government facilities, rehabilitation to existing facilities, and related support utilities and infrastructure.
- The construction program will encompass a variety of vertical construction work and civil work projects
- Conduct negotiations and document as necessary to arrive at fair and equitable pricing and to protect the interests of the government.
- Assure adequate funding is available and has been committed and prepare final contract modification documents for signature.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568336000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.