The Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Assist Director Policy & Programs) position is located in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), Office of Talent Management (OTM) in Washington, D.C. The incumbent of this position is responsible for directing the work involved with all matters concerning Strategic Human Capital Management policies, policy development, directing, implementation, compliance, and oversight of all aspects of federal and VA policy and program requirements.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the Principal Advisor and Consultant to VBA's corporate level leadership concerning all Policy and Program matters.
- Develops, executes, and revises ongoing plans that identify key HR goals, including both short- and long-term goals that are in unison with and contribute to VA's and VBA's comprehensive strategic plan.
- Oversees special studies and facilitates implementation of new or revised policies and programs.
- Serves as Chief Advocate for VBA's overall Employee Engagement Program. Develops strategies to improve employee engagement and manages programs designed to foster it, such as employee reward/recognition programs, health & wellness programs, work-life programs, and other activities aimed at creating a positive workplace environment.
- Evaluates the adequacy of current policies to assess ability to achieve overall goals and objectives, to improve productivity and promote state of the art concepts regarding the delivery of HR services. Responsible for VBA Human Resources policy development, planning, directing, implementation, compliance, and oversight related to Federal and VA Policy and Program requirements.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and initiatives to ensure diversity and inclusion is integrated into the fabric of VBA culture, values and business model.
- Oversees business process management efforts to include process improvements, managing data analytics, and program evaluation initiatives.
- Prepares and presents reports and briefings on program status and/or recommended actions to appropriate individuals.
- Directs, plans, and manages VBA's Workers' Compensation Program.
- Plans and coordinates work efforts, assigns and reviews work, resolves employee issues/complaints, selects new employees, sets performance standards, and evaluates performance of subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568323000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.