This position is located in the Directorate for Biological Sciences (BIO), Division of Integrative Organismal Systems (IOS) which supports fundamental research aimed at understanding organisms as units of biological organization, encouraging the use of integrative, interdisciplinary approaches to solving complex problems in organismal biology.
Learn more about IOS here.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position works with Program Directors and other members of the Program Administrative Team in support of special or on-going projects to ensure that the scientific objectives and goals of the Division and the Directorate are met. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and carrying out proposal and award processing for assigned programs. Specific duties include:
Program Analysis and Reporting
- Analytical lead for the program support team, answering questions about how to access critical program data and analytical information.
- Gathers raw data from multiple sources; analyzes and presents findings to management for program analysis and business process improvement.
- Prepares analytical, comparative and statistical reports of program activities and accomplishments, including GPRA monitoring and reporting.
- Works with Program Officers to organize, implement, and oversee the proposal review process.
- Responds to routine or moderately complex inquiries from principal investigators/reviewers related to programmatic issues not requiring scientific knowledge.
- Manages technical preparation for Committee of Visitors meetings.
- Organize logistics and coordination support to ensure the smooth functioning of panels and meetings.
Outreach and Site Visit Coordination
- Identifies outreach needs from the research community and works with Program Officers to develop outreach plans.
- Oversees the coordination and logistical support for site visits, outreach activities and workshops.
- May represent NSF by staffing booths at workshops and conferences, answering questions and providing information.
Business Process Management
- Works collaboratively with other team members or project specialists to restructure work processes, standardize procedures, and implement changes for supported organizations.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of administrative procedures and the consistency of their contribution to the accomplishment of organization/program goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, organizes, implements, communicates, and tracks project plans, guidelines, procedures and timetables, recommending changes in policy and management activities for the projects.
- Performs studies to evaluate and measure the progress and success of projects assigned and identifies and recommends ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and activities.
- Collects pertinent statistical data and narrative information from a variety of sources within and outside NSF.
- Participates in divisional meetings held to make decisions with regard to modifying or initiating programs or projects.
-Program Analysis and Reporting
- Business Process Management
-Developing Reports and Data Analyses
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568210000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.