If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than the top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked the number one mid-size agency in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings!Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid. Join us and help make a difference!
This position is located in the Office of Energy Policy and Innovation (OEPI) in the Division of Economic and Technical Analysis Group 3. OEPI provides strategic vision and leadership in the development of energy policy associated with electric and natural gas markets subject to the Commission's jurisdiction.
Major Duties for the Supervisory Energy Industry Analyst:
- Manage resources, coordinate and lead the work efforts of a multi- disciplinary staff to ensure that final products relating to the regulation of the electric power and/or natural gas industries are completed on time, reflect a high quality and address all issues.
- The Group Manager, through the Group staff, is responsible for ensuring that resources are effectively managed, assignments are properly scheduled and prioritized, and conflicts in these areas are resolved so that the assigned responsibilities of the Group are met. The Group carries out the above referenced functions relative to innovative policy development and coordination of rulemakings.
- Ensures all programmatic responsibilities of the Group are effectively accomplished. In so doing, works as a team with other Group Managers and OEPI staff to support the Commission's and OEPI's mission and program objectives.
- When designated as a Reviewer, reviews the team's work product. When serving as a Coach, assists the team in its work in preparing research, reports, recommendations, orders, and other decisions for Commission consideration. Also assists the team in preparing responses to Congress, and testimony, speeches, etc. for Commission officials.
- Effectively manages the Group's staff resources in order to meet work requirements. This involves assigning staff to serve on teams, establishing work products and deadlines, resolving deadline conflicts, keeping the Division Director and other officials informed of work status, and ensuring that deadlines are met.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568162200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.