About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights.
*Recruitment, Relocation, and/or Retention Incentives MAY be offered*Learn more about this agency
- Requests proposals, estimates and negotiates with contractors and makes recommendations to the Contracting Officer and Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) for resolution of numerous modifications to original contracts.
- Knowledge of various Government regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work.
- Directs and coordinates the work of non-COR personnel engaged in various phases of construction surveillance work.
- Assures that all construction is accomplished in accordance with proper quality control and assurance procedures and governing plans and specifications
- Ensures surveillance of the work to assure the contractor is conducting quality control operations to produce work in conformance with plans and specifications.
- Reviews Quality Assurance reports and spot-checks contractor quality control reports and test results for compliance and accuracy.
- Resident Engineer verbally and noted on the Quality Assurance Representative's daily report.
- Conducts negotiation with the contractor, prepares Memorandum of Understanding on price agreements and prepares contract modification for signature by the Contracting Officer or Administrative Contracting Officer.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568144800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.