This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC), Ecosystem Sciences Division with one vacancy located in Honolulu, HI.Learn more about this agency
As an Industry Economist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a member of the economic and social science research program at the regional fishery science center to define the scope and scale of social science research and establish a research program in accordance with stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of research efforts, expert knowledge of and guidance on economic and social science research methods products, and information.
- Lead and work with partners at NMFS Regional Offices and the regional Fishery Management Councils to help improve applied economic analyses and adequacy of research goals and direction.
- Design and implement studies to address information needs such as the effects of fisheries regulations and policies on fishers, fishing families, and fishing communities to gather and analyze data and information, as well as develop materials to convey the findings.
- Disperse results and findings of economic analyses through scientific outlets, including publications and presentations at conferences, as well as to stakeholders and the public.
NOTE: Duties are at the full performance level of the ZP-4. The ZP-3 is developmental leading up to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
4 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568119400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.