These positions are located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), C2 & Navigation Systems Product Line (C2PL) in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for directly managing cybersecurity related information technology projects.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of procurement function in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvements
- Act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Review service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Ensure that appropriate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and underpinning contracts have been defined that clearly set out for the customer a description of the service and the measures for monitoring the service
- Work with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Negotiate for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - If selection is made below the full performance level, incumbent may be promoted up to the target grade w/o further competition, if all legal and regulatory requirements are met and when recommended by the supervisor. FPL promotion is not guaranteed
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568038000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.