This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Transport Services Branch (TSB), Network Section (NET) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the package of support functions required to field and maintain the readiness and operational capability of systems and components.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Develop and document supply chain risks for critical system elements, as appropriate
- Review service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Apply cybersecurity functions (e.g., encryption, access control, and identity management) to reduce exploitation opportunities
- Coordinate and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Assist with the negotiation for acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential
- advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - If selection is made below the full performance level, incumbent may be promoted up to the target grade w/o further competition, if all legal and regulatory requirements are met and when recommended by the supervisor. FPL promotion is not guaranteed
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568029300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.