This employee serves the USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS), Human Dimension Program and is located in Fort Collins, Colorado.Learn more about this agency
RMRS Human Dimensions research focuses on understanding and providing for the needs and values of humans and society as they relate to the natural environment and natural resources.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Dr. Monica Lear at email@example.com or 970-498-1353.
- Responsible for program development, planning, budgeting and management information for identifying work force and organizational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring program expenditures are legal, meet charged-as-worked and congressional intent, remain within budget limits, and work plans reflect actual budget received.
- Shares in the development, coordination, and integration of all phases of the Station?s Research and Development business.
- Serves as a technical expert and coordinator in providing intellectual leadership and focus on the Human Dimensions program?s research.
- Provides expert technical leadership and advice in the development and implementation of research direction, science quality assurance and relevance, standards and procedures for research and core program of work direction.
- Participates as a member of the Station?s Leadership Team in developing science resource policies and programs.
- Evaluates past research accomplishments and institutes changes as necessary.
- Meets with representatives of research institutions, federal agencies, concerned citizens, and industrial and public interest groups to gain input into current and future research direction.
- Oversees the release of research results.
- Supervisory Responsibilities constitute 25 percent or more of the employee's time.
25% or less - Overnight travel 7-8 times per year to visit other Forest Service offices or field locations and to attend professional meetings is expected.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568011900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.