About the Position: Serves as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Cyber Requirements Branch, Cyber Change Division, Cyber Security Directorate for the Army Corps of Engineers - Enterprise Information Technology (ACE-IT) Organization. This position reports to the Chief, Cyber Requirements Branch.Learn more about this agency
- As an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), you will support the IT Chief in maintaining the Cyber Security posture and addressing IA and Cyber Security related matters.
- Perform a wide range of activities supporting the Division/District/Site including vulnerability management, media destruction, Personal Identifiable Information (PII) loss reporting, classified spillage reporting and wireless scanning
- Refer security alerts and serious security vulnerabilities for investigation, isolation, eradication, and recovery
- Assess new initiatives and technologies for cyber security requirements by identifying applicable security requirements in support of advancing USACE technology, hardware, software, and personnel changes to the enterprise computing environment
- Identify changing IA and Cybersecurity requirements impacting internal procedures supporting accreditation and inspection, vulnerability management, wireless scanning, PII loss reporting, media destruction, user awareness and training, account mgmt
- Analyze new cyber directives and provides recommendations in developing procedures to comply
- Ensure adherence to applicable Federal/DoD/Army and USACE Cyber Security regulations, policies and procedures in addition to identified Best Business Practices (BBP).
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/568005300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.