The IRS Internal Recent Graduates Program affords a developmental opportunity to IRS employees, who have graduated within the previous 2 years from a qualifying educational institution or program.Learn more about this agency
More information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found here: Students & Recent Graduates.
See Other Information for Locations
If selected into Recent Graduates Program , you will be placed in a position as Computer Scientist, GS-1550, Career Ladder 9/11/12, in the Headquarters-Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics Division.
WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS, and STATISTICS (RAAS) DIVISION? Research, Applied Analytics, and Statistics (RAAS) anticipates and meets customers’ needs by providing leading research, analytical, statistical, and technology services. RAAS provides an intellectually challenging and supportive environment for our employees.
WHAT DOES A COMPUTER SCIENTIST DO? Computer Scientists provide engineering and architecture support to major complex projects that support the IRS business mission and IT infrastructure modernization objectives. You will be responsible for a broad range of scientific computer studies and projects to develop new concepts, methods, and techniques to modernize the IRS information technology infrastructure. The work includes application of theoretical foundations of computer science, Open Systems Environment (OSE)Standards, information technology systems architecture, and theoretical models for transformation of information.
The following are the duties of a Computer Scientist. You will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Identify and analyze highly complex, evolving information technology emerging from Open Systems Environment standards (OSE) to design the IRS Standards Architecture. Develop complex IT studies that include OSE standards to enhance the IRS infrastructure.
- Identify new complex projects and designs a transition path for projects to migrate into the IRS Standards Architecture and the Systems Architecture. Serve as the computer science expert on project teams conducting solicitation evaluations, complex systems testing, and benchmarking.
- Formulate models and simulations for the verification and validation of proposed IT systems.
- Consult on complex problems relating to design and development of integrated systems using emerging and enhanced technologies and standards.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all aspects of configuration management to ensure the validity and orderly migration paths of all IT systems.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - 1-5 Travel Nights per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567971500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.