This position is located in MCC's Department of Administration and Finance (DAF).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2b which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
The first cutoff date for referral of applications is 5/22/2020. Applications will be referred until a selection is made or on 06/10/2020
- Provides guidance and oversight on the agency's approach to assessing and managing risk; (identification and assessment of particular risks and risk mitigation strategies being applied across the agency; advice and support to and within Departments regarding effective risk management; and analysis of MCC's risk profile and "at risk" status.
- Provides oversight of MCC's internal controls assessment (design and operating effectiveness) and audits of the corporation.
- Develops and implements institutional risk management and internal risk assessment and review mechanisms.
- Identifies and tracks risks and consults on approaches and solutions for managing and addressing those risks.
- Develops and implements institutional risk management and internal risk assessment and review mechanisms, including participation in quarterly portfolio reviews.
- Refines categorization and institutional structures and processes to identify and prioritize cross- cutting institutional risks, determines mitigation strategies in coordination with departments, and monitors implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Reports and advises senior management and departments on ongoing risk assessment efforts and actions. Develops performance standards, staff objectives, policies, and guidelines related to identifying and mitigating risks in MCC's operations.
- Issues and implements guidelines; develop policies and procedures training, and new processes as required.
- Serves as the chief risk officer in his/her absence, performing administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised; and ensuring a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Insert Duties
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567943500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.