The Inpatient Float Registered Nurse Provides nursing coverage primarily to the Medical, Surgical and Mental Health areas. This Registered Nurse may also be asked to assist with coverage in the Infusion and Outpatient Procedural areas.The Inpatient Float Registered Nurse will be called upon to cover for anticipated and unanticipated absences of other Registered Nurses as part of their normal position duties as Float Registered Nurse.The Float Registered Nurse must demonstrate flexibility in work assignments on a day-to-day basis and portrays a professional willingness to provide care, often with minimal notice.Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Identifies patient care needs in accordance with the established standards, policies and procedures consistent with nursing practice.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care to the Medical and Surgical patient population.
- Maintains knowledge of assessment and implementation of care delivered to patients with various medical, surgical and mental health diagnoses.
- Maintains flexibility in schedule and assignments, as this is a 24/7 hospital.
- Poised and articulate in communicating with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic backgrounds.
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team in all assignments, makes caring for the veteran their priority in the work setting and demonstrates customer service principles in all aspects of work.
- Assures patient is prepared for admission, transfer and discharge by providing the necessary education to the patient and responsible caregiver.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE (Sign-on Bonus) may be authorized for qualified applicants.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567931200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.