This announcement will remain open until 06/01/2020. It will be used to collect applications and fill vacant positions as they become available in the Office of the Chief Information Officer within FSIS. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. When a request is received to fill a vacant Cybersecurity Specialist a list of the qualified applicants interested will be sent to the hiring manager for further consideration.Learn more about this agency
- Perform a combination of network and security design and implementation duties, as well as performing network and security penetration testing to ensure security compliance following federal regulations, standards and best practices.
- Lead a team the design, configure, implement and maintain all network and security platforms such as routers, switches, wireless access points, intrusion prevention systems, security information and event management solutions.
- Design, deploy and manage network and security SSL/TLS technologies such as: cloud VPN solutions, Antivirus, and Application Control.
- Responsible for daily triage of network and security related issues using the FSIS ticketing system.
- Assist with the process of developing, designing and implementing enterprise network and cyber security network access controls for Information Technology (IT) infrastructure systems, servers, network and application solutions.
- Design Cyber security architectural artifacts while meeting federal Cyber-security regulatory requirements for Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Authentication, and Authorization of federal IT systems.
- Perform continuous monitoring and threat intelligence of the FSIS infrastructure systems, integrates advanced forensic tools and techniques to mitigate Cyber-security attacks.
- Coordinate and perform log and trending analysis of the network and security posture to ensure compliance with USDA policies.
- Provide oversight and recommendations with security risk analysis, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, infrastructure system hardening, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
- Serve as a liaison between FSIS and USDA on network and security related matters.
- Provide visible leadership in the development/deployment of network and security controls, processes and best practices throughout a geographically dispersed IT community, promoting user awareness and training of network and security best practices.
- Responsible for preparing weekly network and security intelligence action reports of critical infrastructure risks and conducts weekly briefings to OCIO senior leadership.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567927900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.