The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency in decision-making and using the nursing process for complex situations that effect performance outcomes at the point of care. Practice is enhanced through development of collegial relationships. This nurse demonstrates collaboration by using the group process to solve problems. The focus is on leadership in strategically planning long-term goals for the medical center that impacts operations or resources.Learn more about this agency
The nurse is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and determines the appropriate delegation of tasks consistent with the nurse's obligation to provide optimal care (ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses). Some duties include but are not limited to;
- Prescribes nursing care by assessing the patient, formulating nursing diagnosis, planning care and establishing goals.
- Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
- Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
- Carries out physical evaluations with assessment of patient findings. (Administration/Consultation 60% of the time)
- Develops an HBPC patient plan of care with concurrence from the Provider and interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates the patient's physical and emotional response to medications and treatments.
- Administers treatment and medications as prescribed by the patient's Provider.
- Teaches patients and their families to help formulate plans to carry out the prescribed medical regimen.
- Obtains lab specimens, including venipuncture, in accordance with HBPC Infection Control Policy and as stipulated in the HBPC patient's treatment plan.
- Maintains/updates current knowledge on home care nursing through continuing education activities.
- Facilitates and promotes the delivery of high quality nursing care to patients in all adult phases of the life cycle.
- Maintains frequent contact within inpatient and ambulatory care areas to identify patient safety risks.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of current standards of patient safety practices for nursing, allied health, and other medical center employees.
- Recommends changes in practices based on analysis and evaluation of patient safety data and current regulatory agency standards, and city, state, and federal law/regulation.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 08:00am - 04:30pm (no compressed tours)
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567870100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.