This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.
About the Position:
Serves as Chief, Customer Management Branch, Desk Top Support Division, Network Enterprise Center (NEC), Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA.
- Develop a plan of work to be accomplished by section leaders, adjust priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Oversee safety and security programs for the branch and actively participate in C4IM-level programs supporting critical mission areas.
- Receive and analyze new Installation Management Agency (IMA) support requirements, develop new information system techniques, establish criteria, and make recommendations for establishing procedures/guidelines.
- Research and study reports and technical journals to determine and keep abreast of state-of-the-art information systems technology and trends.
- Recommend methods of enhancing efficiency of information systems through modifications and applications of evolving technology.
- Implement guidance in Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) standards, guidelines, or policies for major information systems programs.
- Analyze essential and desirable operating capabilities, translating these into performance requirements for communication and automation hardware and software.
- Make system trade-offs in the interest of cost effectiveness.
- Study new equipment and software performance data, develop and/or modify test plans, conduct tests and analyze test results prior to network implementation.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567845000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.