The primary purpose of the position is to manage the local community relations program for the training center. This includes emphasis on maintaining effective working relationships with the community; and planning and organizing special events. The incumbent is responsible for collecting, assembling, preparing, and disseminating information concerning the various training center programs and activities to the community.Learn more about this agency
(1) Prepares news releases and feature articles describing exhibitions, presentations, ceremonies, and related activities occurring at the training center.
(2) Gathers data on public reactions to information programs.
(3) Interviews and confers with pertinent functional managers and specialists to obtain the latest information for use in news releases, films, radio programs, articles and meetings with media representatives.
(4) Develops written materials, which transmit information concerning the nature and purpose of the training center's programs, projects and items of concern to the community or to more specialized target audiences.
(5) Evaluates the local media to identify potential community problems or areas of friction and advises training center officials concerning the causes of the problems and suggested methods for resolving them.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567763300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.