- This position is open to all U.S. Citizens.
- This position is located in: Information and Technology Directorate, Corporate Systems, Internal Systems
- This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Pay for first time hires to the Federal Government will typically be set at step 1 salary range for their respective grade level.*
- Provides guidance and technical support to IT specialists regarding the requirements analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation of existing and proposed database management systems
- Approaches proposed applications in a systematic manner and applies analysis techniques to determine the scope and classification of software and hardware problems
- Analyzes technical requirements, prepares programming specifications and instructions, prepares design documents, participates in testing, and ensures database implementation
- Monitors database performance, file organization and structure, file management, mass storage management, backup and recovery of data, and database systems security
- Ensures compatibility of operating systems in accordance with specific database systems and database applications requirements. Coordinates with other computer specialists to ensure software applications are compatible with database systems
- Monitors database operations on the Web server to ensure continuous availability
- Provides guidance on the use of the most recent technologies (ex. Optimal flexible architecture and least recently used algorithms or caching)
- Evaluates and analyzes the interrelationships of proposed new systems and systems changes to existing operational systems
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567673500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.