This serves to amend the opening dates to read: 5/6/20 to 5/19/20Learn more about this agency
This position is in the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB), Division of Family Violence Prevention (DFVP), Washington, DC.
- Serve as a Program Specialist administering formula and discretionary grants under Title III of the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act, as amended (FVPSA).
- Assist Native American/Alaskan Native Villages, State Domestic Violence Coalitions and grantees with public awareness efforts in the prevention of family violence issues to provide immediate shelter or assistance to victims and their dependents.
- Serve as a technical/policy resource of FVPSA family violence programs to a variety of stakeholders, including states, public agencies (e.g. law enforcement, courts), legal/social services, health care professionals, nonprofit organizations, etc.
- Assist in review and analysis of grant applications and quarterly and final program reports for allotment under the FVPSA in the execution of grants for domestic violence shelters and related assistance.
- Plan/conduct on-site reviews; provide advice, counsel/assistance in meeting requirements of grants; and provide grant management guidance for FVPSA Discretionary Grants, training and technical assistance projects.
- Represent the agency at national/regional meetings with stakeholders; assist with reviewing and awarding new grants; and provide support for grantee meetings, including agenda development, delivery, and logistical coordination.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567509100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.