The Flight Software Branch within the Research and Engineering Directorate at NASA Glenn Research Center is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as a Software Architecture and Verification Technical Lead. As the Technical Lead, you will be responsible for managing activities in all phases of the project software life cycle, particularly, for providing guidance for creating software robust software architectures and sound verification processes.Learn more about this agency
- Provides direction, guidance and advance planning of new software systems and capabilities.
- Provides software system architecture and verification on new software capabilities for various types of projects (flight vs ground vs technology demonstration).
- Develops guidance for creating a software system that can utilize already existing software.
- Understands all phases of the project software life cycle, including subsystems and how the software interacts with all of those subsystems.
- Overcomes difficult and complex technical, project management, and organizational problems using innovative and original approaches. Manages significant elements or phases of projects related to major agency functions, programs, or projects.
- Participates in preliminary and critical design reviews and determines, develops, and defends requirements.
- Initiates contact and provides expert technical advice and direction to other professionals on data and systems issues and requirements.
- Develops and manages system requirements, hardware/software interfaces, prototype/test bed activities, system configuration, and system implementation activities.
- Understands when and where to use already existing software, either commercial, government, or open source, as well as when to develop software internally.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/567468400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.